Saturday, March 4, 2017
Los Amigos Driving Range offers an exceptional practice facility with 24 grass mat tees and a chipping area with 2 putting greens. Participants can practice their golf swing in a safe friendly environment while getting advice from a local golf pro. Participants with little or no lower body functioning will have the opportunity to utilize our adapted paragolfer mobility devices, which can be used on the golf course and in the practice area.
Expected Group Outcomes
– Increase development of leisure skills
– Build strength and endurance and hand/eye coordination
– Increase self-esteem
– Increase confidence
– Increase meaningful experiences and overall quality of life
– Must be a Rancho Wellness member
– Must be able to provide their own transportation to the location
– ParaGolfer users must be able to perform transfers independently, with supervision, or with minimal caregiver assistance (caregiver must be present during the activity).
– Participants who have a Spinal Cord Injury: In order to use the paramobile golf cart (ParaGolfer) in a standing position, you must have your doctor complete the Standing Frame Medical Waiver form and have them refer you to Physical Therapy. Once referred to Physical therapy, your Physical therapist must complete a Physical Therapy Standing Frame Waiver form. This procedure is required to make sure that the participant does not have a medical condition that would make it unsafe for the use of this equipment. You may bring both completed forms with you the day of the scheduled golf clinic.
Group size: 10 participants
Cost per Participant: FREE
Activity Waivers/Paperwork Required (if applicable): – Wellness Program Waiver – Rancho Waiver of Liability
Frequency per Month: 1-2 times a month
Contact Info: Los Amigos Golf Course 7295 E Quill Dr. Downey, CA 90242 (562) 862-1717 for more information!